Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Southwestern Egg Rolls

If you have ever had Chili's Southwestern egg rolls you know they are to die for. I crave them all the time. I decided to make them I searched a few recipes out and combined them to make my own version. I baked mine to feel a little better about myself and they were really good but to be honest I missed that crunch you get at Chili's when they are fried. So do which ever one you want. 2 tablespoons vegetable oil 1 skinless, boneless chicken breast half (cooked dices realy small or shredded) 2 tablespoons minced onion 2 tablespoons minced red bell pepper 1/3 cup frozen corn kernels 1/4 cup black beans, rinsed and drained 2 tablespoons frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained 2 tablespoons diced jalapeno peppers 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin 1/2 teaspoon chili powder 1 pinch ground cayenne pepper 3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese 5 (6 inch) flour tortilla Stir all together and fill tortillas with mix. Fold like burrito place seam side down in baking dish. Bake at 375 for 15 min then flip for another 15 min. That way they get crispy on both sides. Or you can fry them :). I found a hidden valley dry mix packet for spicy ranch. I made then and then took an avocado and smashed it and stirred it in. So then I used that as a dipping sauce for them. I thought that was pretty good with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment