Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Apple Butternut Squash Soup

My brother and sister in law are always making something yummy and they often share with us :) They made this soup and I really liked it. I am copying them an putting in on my blog to make sometime. They added cinnamon to it as well and I liked it with it in there.

Ingredients
2 tablespoons butter
2 large leeks (white and pale green parts only), chopped
1 large onion, chopped
1 large potato, peeled and cubed
2 cups cubed butternut squash
1 cup diced carrots
1 Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored, and sliced 1/4-inch thick
1 quart chicken stock
1/4 cup dry white wine (optional)
1/2 cup light cream
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons chopped chivesin wine and cream. Season with nutmeg, salt, and pepper; simmer gently for 5 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment