Saturday, October 1, 2011

Two twists on Mashed potatoes

Rosemary Garlic mashed potatoes

I made this up and didn't measure but I am going to guess. You can play around with it with your families taste.

onions or shallots finely diced 1/2 cup
garlic minced 3-4 Tablespoons
Fresh rosemary and oregano minced 2 Tablespoons of each

Saute all the ingredients together in olive oil until fragrant and tender.
Cook potatoes like you would for mashed potatoes normally smash and add butter and milk like normal. Stir in the herb olive oil mixture. I have had a lot of compliments on this and my kids even like it.

Cauliflower Mashed potatoes

Cook mashed potatoes as usual but also boil cauliflower with the potatoes. Smash and add butter, milk and shredded gruyere cheese. My kids don't even know they are eating two vegetables :)

No comments:

Post a Comment