Saturday, October 1, 2011

My Favorite Wheat Bread

I recently got a Bosch and have started making bread. I have tried a lot of different recipes and they are all good but when I tried this one I was sold. My friend Amy White gave it to me so thanks Amy. The only draw back is it doesn't double as well as other recipes. It only makes two loaves. But I make two batches back to back and it is not too bad.

2 1/2 C warm water
1/2 C honey
1T yeast
2 vitamin C tabs crushed (500 mg each)
1/4 gluten flour
1/3 c oil
2 t salt
1/2 C flax meal (optional but it really is great try it!)
6 C whole wheat flour

Combine the water, honey and yeast. When bubbles appear and next five ingredients and 2 cups of the flour. Stir and let sit for 1/2 hour or more. Then add remaining flour and knead until elastic and smooth. Let rise until doubled. Punch down and form into two loaves. Let rise in pans until 2-3 inches above the tops of your pans. Preheat oven to 350 and bake 25-35 min.

No comments:

Post a Comment